THERE WILL BE 5 CATEGORIES FOR THIS YEAR’S PHOTO CONTEST THAT WILL TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY, APRIL 2, 2022:
- Animal portraits – $1000
- Animals in Groups – $500
- Landscape – $500
- Animals in Landscape – $500
- Have Fun with it and be Creative – $1000
- 12 and Under – $200
Below are the rules for the contest:
- The use of any type of camera or phone camera is ok.
- A person can win in any category and win more than one category. One submission for each category per participant.
- Photographs must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible.
- Pictures should be submitted via Instagram AND email. Post your photo and tag @ranchogrande_ojai with the caption saying the category of the photo. Email a copy of your submissions with your full name, your instagram name and the respective category to [email protected] Upon receipt, a confirmation will be sent to you. If you do not get a confirmation within a day, please send your pictures again.
- All submissions will become the property of Rancho Grande to be used exclusively for any commercial purpose. The participant will have a license to use any of the pictures they have taken for themselves for any private purpose.
- All pictures submitted must have been taken on the day of the contest, which is on April 2nd of 2022.
- All Submissions will not be returned. By submitting an entry, each Participant 1) warrants and represents that the Submission is entirely the original creation/work of the Participant and that use of the Submission as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights, title, claim or interest of any third party; and 2) certify that Participant is the creator and (before assignment of rights to Rancho Grande) the sole copyright owner of the Submission.
- Photoshop and any other program to enhance the effects of the picture and the color etc. are acceptable.
- Participants can come to the ranch as early as they like and leave whenever they want so they can choose the best lighting. The ranch will be open from sunrise to sunset. 6 am to 630 pm.
- You can bring a person but please do not bring any animals to the ranch.
- We will be letting different groups of animals out throughout the day. Please be respectful of the animals and do not open any gates or feed any of the animals without asking for help from Rancho Grande staff members first.
- Please wear appropriate mountain clothing and boots. It’s very cold in the morning especially.
- No fee or payment of any kind is required to enter.
- People are welcome to enjoy all the outdoor property and wander about the ranch but please do not enter any of the buildings or cabins except for the public restroom.
- Every person entering the ranch in connection with this contest must sign a release prior to entering the property. The release can be found on our website. Direct link: https://ranchogrande.com/waiver-form/
- All contest submissions are due no later than April 12, 2022. Winners will be announced on or before May 1, 2022.
Address of Rancho Grande:
For easy directions please google Rancho Grande Ojai and the Google maps will take you right to the gate. For simple directions please drive up route 33 past the Vons and travel about 20 minutes up the mountains. Along the way, you will pass 3 tunnels, a 2000-foot elevation marker a 3000-foot. elevation marker and then about five minutes more to the Rose Valley exit. The ranch is 1 mile on Rose Valley road on the right.